Listen to California Dutchesss Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 25, 2010

Orlando Fiasco

Let me tell you a couple short stories about my trip to Orlando......

On the plane to Orlando I was sitting behind this giant lady with bleached blonde hair that covered about half of her butt (the width of two chairs). She sat in the aisle and across the aisle from her sat her post-midlife crisis, biker boyfriend proudly wearing his leather and gold rings. These two were easily in their early to late fifties and going on, what I can only assume is, one of their first travel dates. The entire 4 hour flight from Phoenix to Orlando they were holding hands, writing each other notes on the napkins, whispering to each other and sharing which songs they were listening to on their iPods. Even though I would normally think this were weird and annoying, I actually thought this was pretty cute. Goes to show you "to every pot fits a lid" (sounds way better in Dutch). Even when you're older and weird, after you've re-established yourself post-midlife and bleach your hair beyond repair/ squeeze as many gold rings onto your sausage-like fingers as you possibly can.... someone will love you for you. Someday you might experience that need to hold hands in the aisle and the unstoppable need to tell your partner whatever's on your mind. When saying your thoughts out loud would be inappropriate, you settle for writing it on napkins because you just can't wait to tell them..... how cute.

Now on to a more interesting story.......

Stuck in an elevator. That's right! I got stuck in an elevator!!!!! Granted it was only for twenty minutes or so, but still.....I thought I was going to die! I tried to play it cool since I was with my boss but when the doors closed, the buttons were pushed and nothing happened I had the weirdest, scariest feeling that the elevator was just gonna drop to the ground floor! Luckily for me, that didn't happen.... but STILL! He pushed the Alarm button and called the "help desk". They answered with "What?" haha. Wow, Orlando..... that's how you treat people stuck in your elevators???? I stood in the corner waiting for the guy to come open the door (luckily we weren't in between floors) and swear the only thing I could think of was Fresh Prince of Bel-air! haha. Tell me why- when I started to hyperventilate and thought I was gonna die.... all I could think of was:

Stuck in a basement
Sittin on a tricycle
Girl gettin on my nerves.

I'm goin outta my mind
I thought she was fine
Don't know if her body is hers!

haha! Yup, I guess it's meant to be. When my life flashes before my eyes I see Will Smith. Jayda, move over. It's my turn! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh hahahahahaha you had me laughing on the fresh prince one..i got up early saturday morning and that was the episode on..that rhyme is so funny! hahah i was actually laughing out loud..and the airplane one was kinda cool, just lets you know there is someone out there for everyone..how did everything else go in orlando?

    ReplyDelete